REVisionFX RE:Match takes intuitive color and texture matching to a whole new level by addressing common problems on multicam and stereo shoots. RE:Match is a set of plugins to match one view of video or film to another so that it looks as if it was shot with the same camera and settings. RE:Match assumes that both image sequences are taken roughly at the same location but perhaps were not shot at the same time or from the same point-of-view.
For general multicam shoots RE:Match matches, as best it can, one sequence’s overall color appearance to match that of another.
For stereo pairs, RE:Match can further refine the overall color match by taking into account that the two views are captured at the same time with a relatively small distance between the views. In addition, RE:Match is also able to propagate color changes into areas that are present in only one view. RE:Match can also make other details, such as reflections, specular highlights, and lens flares be consistent between the two views.
– Ability to globally color correct one sequence to match another.
– Ability to globally color correct a whole sequence based on a particular point in time, or can be performed separately for each pair of frames in both sequences.
– Ability to perform automatic global (whole image) color correction based on a smaller window of pixels for each of the image sequences.
– Works well with over bright values and very wide dynamic ranges.
– Matching for stereo pairs takes advantage of internal per-pixel registration using optical flow methods.
– Stereo pair matching takes into account occlusions.
– Stereo pair matching takes into account that the two images may not have corresponding details at some of the edges of the frame.
– Stereo matching has controls for making details, such as reflections, lens flares and specular highlights match between the two views.
– Methods provided to remove or attenuate on-lens artifacts (such as water drops on a lens).
– Because RE:Match uses internal pixel registration, stereo matching does not require image alignment prior to use.
– Visualization modes are provided to visualize and guide what RE:Match is doing internally.
– Not limited to any particular resolution of images.
– Works on all bit depths, including HDR images.