The next generation of Mask Pro masks subjects and replaces backgrounds easier than ever and now works directly from Lightoom. onOne Software, Inc., a leading developer of innovative, timesaving solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers, today announced Perfect Mask 5, the next generation of Mask Pro, that is part of the Perfect Photo Suite 6 that was also announced today.
Perfect Mask 5 has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and now includes new masking technology that makes the process of selecting subjects and replacing backgrounds more automated and intuitive. Photographers can simply brush over the area to be removed and Perfect Mask will create an initial mask that can be fine-tuned with the easy to use touch up tools. When Perfect Mask 4 detects a solid background, it is automatically removed. As with Mask Pro, Perfect Mask works well on tough subjects like hair and glass, even when they are on complex backgrounds.
Key Benefits of Perfect Mask 5:
• New Keep and Erase Tools: With the new Keep and Erase Tools, you loosely brush areas to be removed and Perfect Mask automatically expands the brush stroke to include and select areas that have similar color and texture.
• Refine Tool: Mask through subjects that were challenging to mask before with a simple swipe of the Refine Tool. In tough areas like hair, tree branches and wedding veils simply brush with the Refine Tool to automatically remove the background and any color fringes.
• Background Library: The new library of high quality backgrounds provides an easy way to replace an unsightly background in an otherwise great image. Choose from skies, sunsets, walls and muslin backgrounds, just to name a few.
• Automatic Solid Background Removal: When Perfect Mask detects a solid color background it can remove it automatically. This means that when shooting on a solid color, Perfect Mask does all of the masking work for you. This is perfect for green-screen shooting.
• Flexible Previews: View the mask and the image side by side to see the masking results in real time. This saves the time spent toggling masks on and off to check work. There are six different ways to preview the mask so that users can pick the one that works best for them.
• Maintains Classic Workflows: Mask Pro customers can continue to use the tools they are comfortable with but will reap the benefits of powerful new features that make masking faster and easier. Perfect Mask includes all of the tried and tested tools from Mask Pro like the keep and drop color eyedroppers and the Magic Brush.
• Works Where You Do: Perfect Mask works directly with Lightroom and even as a standalone application. It will continue to work as a plug-in to Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements for those who prefer that workflow.
Home page – http://www.ononesoftware.com/